So how do you wrap up a whirlwind of a year?
Let’s start by thanking the thousands of Texans who have stepped forward to support our work. Policy experts, businesses, non-profit organizations and many others joined us this year to take a far-sighted look at Texas’ opportunities and challenges and start working together on a sensible plan for our future.
We could not be more grateful. Because of you, we have begun a data-driven conversation with leaders, policymakers and influencers about issues the state will need to address to extend its prosperity to Texas’ bicentennial in 2036 and beyond.
This year, we:
- Convened talks with more than 150 policy, data and subject matter experts around the state to inform our policy work.
- Continued to build out more than 300 data sets and education-to-workforce reporting tools.
- Began drafting our data-driven, long-term strategic framework for Texas based on a series of critical aspirational goals which we plan to roll out in 2020
- Pulled together a large, growing 34-member board from every part of Texas, which launched at the Texas Tribune’s TribFest.
- Raised significant funds to support our Texas-focused mission from more than 112 institutions, businesses and individuals
- Held or participated in meetings across the state, connecting with thousands of Texans to learn about the issues that matter the most to them as we plan for the future of Texas.
- Appeared in major media outlets across the state, both in news coverage and opinion pieces we authored.
- Built our social media following to 12,000 followers, reaching nearly 2 million users and sparking an online conversation across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram about Texas’ future.
Through our work, thousands of people across our state have heard about or seen Texas 2036 in action. We look forward to continuing this outreach, and building more support, throughout Texas in 2020.
On behalf of our Texas 2036 team, we wish you a very happy holiday season,