Texas needs systematic transformation in order to meet the demands of a surging and changing population and continue our prosperity, and such transformation requires thorough, reliable data.
- Gather and analyze data, interview experts and stakeholders and study national research and best practices.
- Identify major statewide trends in six key research areas: education and workforce, equal opportunity, government performance, health, infrastructure and natural resources.
- Release a long-term strategic framework that lays out a framework to address critical issues in Texas and ensure our state’s future success.
- Build statewide coalitions of stakeholders around shared goals.
- Publicize and advocate for policy recommendations each legislative cycle that support our long-term strategic framework.
- Continuously measure progress and adjust policy efforts accordingly through research, data, and expert interviews.
Policy Process: Informed by Three Factors
- We are compiling data from various public sources to identify concerning trends.
- We have met with government officials, policy experts, business leaders, scholars, non-profit directors and other experienced individuals to discuss data sources and analysis.
- We are emphasizing macro-level trends in our analysis, such as demographic and economic changes.
- We have interviewed over 140 experts and stakeholders around Texas across all policy areas.
- We are partnering with scholars, experts and universities.
- We are working to ensure our findings are informed by research.
- We are identifying best practices.
We are working to translate key findings to the Texas context.