Where our policy agenda stands: President’s Report
To keep you updated on our progress, Texas 2036 President and CEO Margaret Spellings prepared this short President’s Report on the progress of our legislative agenda as the regular session enters its final weeks. Highlights include:
- Efforts to make affordable health care accessible for more Texans.
- Improving medical care for new mothers and their babies.
- Building trust in law enforcement through common sense solutions to the problem of “wandering officers.”
- Aligning community college funding with student outcomes with the goal of equipping students with the skills for the emerging, high-demand jobs of the future.
- Making high-quality instructional materials more readily available to school districts, and providing additional support and benefits to educators.