TEXAS 2036 COVID-19 TRACKING DASHBOARD: Find up-to-date state and county health and economic data in one easy-to-visualize format.
Executive Associate- Austin
About Texas 2036
Texas 2036 uses data, research, and leading expertise to enable Texans to make informed decisions to ensure our state continues to be the best place to live and do business through its bicentennial in 2036 and beyond. Texas 2036 is achieving this mission through the creation of robust data resources, a long term state policy strategic framework, and a statewide, non-partisan coalition of Texans advocating for meaningful long-term policy solutions. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization seeking energetic individuals passionate about creating a long-term vision for the future of Texas and developing data-informed, pragmatic policy solutions to solve the state’s long-term challenges.
The Executive Associate contributes to the impact of Texas 2036 by applying his or her highly-developed organizational skills, obsession with detail, and service orientation to perform administrative, operational, and organizational support functions in ways that enable their Texas 2036 colleagues to work efficiently and effectively. The Executive Associate works with colleagues in the Austin office, and across the organization to support office, development, and financial operations, to plan and execute events, and to provide administrative support to Texas 2036 leaders, in particular the Executive Vice President (EVP).
The Executive Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maximize the EVP’s efficiency and focus on priorities by managing the EVP’s schedule, making appointments and travel arrangements, organizing meetings/conference calls, and anticipating next steps.
- Ensure the EVP is prepared for all meetings and events including preparing background briefings and attendee lists/biographies, coordinating the preparation of remarks and presentations, and providing EVP with meeting materials/decision points
- Coordinate follow up on EVP’s internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with the relevant parties.
- Anticipate needs of the EVP and other members of the leadership team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to improve office efficiencies.
- Provide a strong, positive impression of the organization to those contacting Texas 2036 by phone, email, or in person visit
- Handle office operations tasks including handling incoming/outgoing mail, ordering and stocking supplies, receiving and coordinating deliveries, running errands, coordinating repairs/work with building management, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of office operations and procedures
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of events hosted by the organization, including coordinating schedules and appointments, researching and booking spaces/locations, managing caterers and other vendors.
- Coordinate follow up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with the relevant parties.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by completing all other tasks as assigned.
- Desire to see Texas be the best place to live and work through 2036 and beyond
- Knowledge of Texas history, culture, diversity, and political systems preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting with strong, positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support to senior leaders
- Experience assisting with office management functions including answering the phone, receiving visitors, processing invoices, managing vendors, maintaining supply levels, coordinating maintenance, deliveries, installations, etc.
- Experience coordinating events including booking venues, coordinating catering and other vendors, managing RSVPs, etc.
- High-degree of comfort and proficiency in using various types of office technology including computers, copiers/scanners, phone systems, audio/visual presentation systems, etc.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, email, calendaring, word processing, etc.; Experience and comfort using GSuite applications (Google Drive/Docs/Sheets/etc) and Apple computer products highly- preferred
- A high degree of discretion and confidentiality
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Texas 2036 offers health, vision, and dental insurance, including employee premiums paid by Texas 2036, cell phone reimbursement, a 401k matching program, and a flexible time off policy.
The Executive Associate position will be based in Texas 2036’s Austin office with very little, if any, travel necessary.
Please send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.