Executive Associate (Dallas)
About Texas 2036
Texas 2036 uses data, research, and leading expertise to enable Texans to make informed decisions to ensure our state continues to be the best place to live and do business through its bicentennial in 2036 and beyond. Texas 2036 is achieving this mission through the creation of a robust data platform, a long-term state policy strategic plan, and a statewide, non-partisan coalition of Texans advocating for meaningful long-term policy solutions. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization seeking energetic individuals passionate about creating a long-term vision for the future of Texas and developing data-driven, bipartisan policy solutions to solve the state’s long-term challenges.
The Executive Associate contributes to the impact Texas 2036 by applying his or her highly developed organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to efficiency to administrative, operational, and organizational support functions in ways that ensure Texas 2036 accomplishes its mission. The Executive Associate will work with colleagues across the organization to support office, development, and financial operations, to plan and execute events, to provide administrative and research support to Texas 2036 leaders.
The Executive Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assist other staff with ensuring the President and CEO’s time and effectiveness is maximized through preparation for all meetings and events including creating background briefings and attendee lists/biographies, coordination of the preparation of remarks and presentations, and the completion of administrative tasks and errands.
Help maximize the CEO’s efficiency and focus on priorities by scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, organizing meetings/conference calls, and other relevant duties.
Anticipate, and proactively address, the needs of the leadership team and the organization as a whole and identify opportunities to create processes
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of events hosted by the organization, including coordinating schedules and appointments, researching and booking spaces/locations, managing caterers and other vendors.
- Coordinate follow-up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with the relevant parties.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by completing all other tasks as assigned.
- Assist in managing the Texas 2036 Dallas office including, but not limited to, ordering supplies, assisting guests, and answering the phone.
- Desire to see Texas be the best place to live and work through 2036 and beyond.
- Knowledge of Texas history, diversity, and contemporary culture is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starting with strong, positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Fanatical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support.
- Experience coordinating events including booking venues, coordinating catering and other vendors, managing RSVPs, etc.
- High degree of comfort and proficiency using various types of office technology including computers, copiers/scanners, phone systems, audio/visual presentation systems, etc.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google email, calendaring, word processing, etc.; Experience and comfort using GSuite applications and Apple products highly preferred.
- A high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Texas 2036 employees are eligible to participate in a number of company-sponsored benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance with employee premiums paid by Texas 2036, cell phone reimbursement, and a 401k matching program. In addition, you will be entitled to generous paid time off, comp time, and paid parental leave policies. Texas 2036 provides a flexible and entrepreneurial work environment in which we expect personal accountability in efficiently performing high-quality work in collaboration with colleagues and representing the organization well through professional communication and conduct.
The Executive Associate position will be based in Texas 2036’s Dallas office and must be willing to travel, as needed, but to 10 percent of the time to cities in Texas for meetings and events.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Because an individual with the COVID-19 virus poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others, consistent with our legal obligation to provide a safe work environment, Texas 2036 has implemented mandatory weekly COVID-19 testing for all unvaccinated employees and will require proof of vaccination against COVID-19 from all employees no later than September 24, 2021. Texas 2036 does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, color, national origin, religion, sex or gender, disability or genetic information.
Please send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.