About Texas 2036
Texas 2036 uses data, research, and leading expertise to enable Texans to make informed decisions to ensure our state continues to be the best place to live and do business through its bicentennial in 2036 and beyond. Texas 2036 is achieving this mission through the creation of robust data resources, a long-term state policy strategic framework, and a statewide, non-partisan coalition of Texans advocating for meaningful long-term policy solutions. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization seeking energetic individuals passionate about creating a long-term vision for the future of Texas and developing data-informed, pragmatic policy solutions to solve the state’s long-term challenges.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer contributes to the success of Texas 2036 by ensuring the CEO is able to be highly effective and efficient in leading the organization towards accomplishing its mission. The Executive Assistant creates capacity for the CEO to focus on the most important work by taking full ownership for the coordination of the CEO’s interactions and activities with internal and external constituencies and management of projects, priorities, and tasks as assigned by the CEO.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities fall into three focus areas: administrative support, communications, and special projects.
Administrative & Personal Support
- Maximize the CEO’s efficiency and focus on priorities by managing her schedule, including making appointments and travel arrangements, organizing meetings/conference calls, and anticipating next steps.
- Equip CEO for all meetings and events including preparing background briefings and attendee lists/biographies, coordinating the preparation of remarks and presentations, running technology checks, and providing CEO with meeting materials/decision points
- Provide the CEO with a daily overview of urgent and non-urgent emails, requests, and upcoming internal and external events
- Coordinate follow-up on all internal and external calls and meetings.
- Coordinate the CEO’s professional engagements outside of Texas 2036 such as board and speaking engagements, including scheduling meetings and calls, organizing travel, and processing reimbursements as necessary
- Assist the CEO and members of the leadership team with information-gathering, developing and monitoring plans, and keeping track of responsibilities.
- Draft and edit communications (email, memos, letters, etc), and proposals for the CEO as needed, including summarizing memos and concise lists, on behalf of CEO
- Assist and conduct in the research and creation of PowerPoint Presentations, speeches and talking points for external and internal presentations
- Communicate, in person, on the phone, and via written documents, with both internal and external parties on behalf of the CEO
- Serve as the right hand to the CEO to execute and support strategic priorities and work across teams to assist in the accomplishment of those priorities.
- Execute independent projects and initiatives assigned by the CEO
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, producing quality results in a timely manner
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by completing all other tasks as assigned.
- Desire to see Texas be the best place to live and work through 2036 and beyond
- Knowledge of Texas history, culture, diversity, and political systems preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly motivated, self-starting with strong, positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proclivity to identify work that needs to be done or a problem that needs to be solved and quick to take the initiative to address it
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment simultaneously managing many demands
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 or more years of professional experience, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge through work experience, directly supporting senior executives
- Proficiency with GSuite and Microsoft Office Suite for email, calendaring, word processing, and use of Apple products.
- Proficiency in using online communications platforms (Zoom, Teams, WebEx, etc.) and related hardware (cameras, mics, etc.).
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Texas 2036 offers health, vision, and dental insurance, including contributions by Texas 2036 toward employee premiums, cell phone reimbursement, a 401k matching program, and a generous PTO policy.
The Executive Assistant position will be based in Texas 2036’s Dallas office and may be required to travel (up to 5% of the time) to cities across Texas for meetings with various stakeholders, including board members, advisors, stakeholders, partners, and Texas 2036 colleagues.
If you are interested in this position, please send PDF copies of your resume and cover letter (address to Margaret Spellings) describing your interest in the position and how your experience aligns with the position’s responsibilities and qualifications to Chris Mendezona (email@example.com).