Director of Development
About Texas 2036
Texas 2036 uses data, research, and leading expertise to enable Texans to make informed decisions to ensure our state continues to be the best place to live and do business through its bicentennial in 2036 and beyond. Texas 2036 is achieving this mission through the creation of robust data resources, a long term state policy strategic framework, and a statewide, non-partisan coalition of Texans advocating for meaningful long-term policy solutions. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization seeking energetic individuals passionate about creating a long-term vision for the future of Texas and developing data-informed, pragmatic policy solutions to solve the state’s long-term challenges.
The Director of Development contributes to the success of Texas 2036 by raising funds to support the programs and policy work of the organization. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Development creates and builds relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals with the goal of meaningful, sustained and active financial support toward Texas 2036.
- Identify, cultivate and secure individual, corporate and foundation donors and partners; expand and strengthen partnerships and investments from existing donors/partners
- Manage a portfolio of statewide donors
- Meet and/or exceed a team fundraising goal
- Travel to various cities throughout Texas to conduct personal visits/meetings with donors and prospects
- Execute statewide fundraising events from beginning to end
- Ensure appropriate follow up from donor events is executed
- Serve as the primary point of contact for donors in the assigned portfolio
- Represent Texas 2036 in the community, when appropriate
- Work closely with the policy team to stay current on goals, programs, and outcomes of each program
- Track, manage and update portfolio of outreach and activity utilizing Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to make sure donor expectations are met
- Coordinate with the Special Assistant to the CEO to prepare briefings for in person meetings with donors and prospects
- Manage Texas 2036 membership giving
- Performed all other duties as assigned
- Desire to see Texas be the best place to live and work through 2036 and beyond
- Results-oriented attitude and entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment while managing and prioritizing many simultaneous projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-effective at building relationships and partnerships across sector, discipline, and demography to accomplish shared goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience in a professional, non-profit environment
- Knowledge and/or policy experience is preferred
- Prompt, professional interaction with high level internal and external supporters
- Highly driven, results-oriented work ethic
- Computer and technology literacy is a must; experience with Raiser’s Edge, or comparable fundraising database, is preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Adaptable to growing, fast-paced, diverse, results oriented culture
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Texas 2036 offers health, vision, and dental insurance, including employee premiums paid by Texas 2036, cell phone reimbursement, a 401k matching program, and a flexible time-off policy.
While it is preferred that they work out of Texas 2036’s Dallas office, the Director of Development may work from any city in Texas. The Director must be willing to travel regularly (up to 40% of the time) to cities across Texas for meetings with various stakeholders, including board members, advisors, stakeholders, partners, prospective and current donors, and Texas 2036 colleagues.
If you are interested in applying for the Director of Development position, please send via email to Chris Mendezona (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume as well as a cover letter addressing your interest in the position and how your experience aligns with the position’s responsibilities and qualifications.